Gorgeous Maria Anderson tagged me in her meme, so here are the rules and questions, and then my response . . .
Meme Terms and Conditions
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. List six unspectacular things about you.
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
Six unspectacular things, huh? Alrighty then. Time to get humble – and we all know I’m not good at that, right? I think I’m INCREDIBLY spectacular, so I’ll need to dig.
1. I love road trips. Some of my most incredible ideas and decisions have been on a road trip – deciding where to live, starting my business, new directions in life. I just came back from one, and rather than making a lot of decisions I actually just made peace with some recent events, but it seems that I get clarity, focus and mentally sharp driving more than 200 miles.
2. While I love to cook, and I’m contemplating my own cafe/bakery/coffeehouse at the moment, I rarely cook at home. In fact, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hurricanes is about it. The rest of the time we’re on the road to/from volleyball or church, so dinners @ home are rare.
3. I very often look for patterns & similarities in random things to create purpose or connection with people I love. For example, my grandmother married at 20 and had two daughters three years apart, and so did I. We both married for love and had our daughters almost a year to the day from our wedding, and we both moved 3 times our first year. Somehow these parallel events means that I am far more connected to her than I would be otherwise. Or, it could just be random, but my brain doesn’t think so.
4. I often pray for wisdom, and crack up when I get back sarcasm. Perhaps it’s my filter? For example: When I was pregnant with Cathryn I asked God one morning on the way to work what I should name her, and told Him I wanted the perfect name – His name – just for her. I looked up and I was on “Mayhem St.” – and thirteen years later, I know what he meant. Funny, real funny.
5. Like Lorelai Gilmore, I can smell snow. And I love it just as much as she does.
6. I dislike Florida. The whole state. For no good reason.
So, there’s my six. Now…. who to pick on…. hmmm…. well, let’s see what Jill Browne’s got to say, Shawn Coons’ got brewing inside his head and Andrew Walker Cleaveland’s got up his sleeve. If Pam over at NerdsEyeView will put down her ukulele for a bit, we might hear what she has to say – and it’ll be worth it. Megan @ TwitterMoms – Tag, you’re it. Finally, Debbie, the DeliciousBaby blogger, who didn’t even need to photoshop her kids in front of the Eiffel Tower like I did. (Yes, that’s you – don’t you remember???)
Enjoy, virtual friends!